Saturday 16 February 2013

Family Genealogy

Beginning with the Slade side of my family, the furthest i have managed to go back is to a John O'Dwyer 1795 and Mary Rosebud 1796, who were Great, great, great Grand parents of Margaret Anne Dwyer, who married a John Slade, my Great Grandfather. Margaret Dwyer's father was a Thomas Dwyer Jr. 1899. John and Margaret had two sons, William Slade Sr. 1923-1981, my Grandfather and James Slade 1927. William Slade married Lillian Hood 1924-2011, my Grandmother and they had a son, William Slade Jr., my father and a daughter Norma Slade.

The Dwyer family goes all the way back to a John O'Dwyer 1795, he married a Mary Rosebud 1796. They had a son Edward Dwyer 1820. Edward married a Mary Ryan 1820. They had a Son Stephen Dwyer 1846 and he married a Elizabeth Coonan 1850. Stephen and Elizabeth had a son Thomas Dwyer 1877. Thoams married Mary Moran- Fazakerley. Mary's parents were a Martin Moran and Mary Fazakerley. Thomas and Mary Fazakerley had a Son Thomas Dwyer Jr. and Thomas Jr. was Margaret Slades (Dwyer,) Father, which takes us back to the name Slade.

My Grandmother Lillian's father was named George Hood and his wife was Lillian Metcalfe. Lillian Metcalf had four sisters, Louise, Mary, Margaret and Ada Metcalfe and two brothers, Richard and Lawrence Metcalfe.

On my Mothers side of the family Johnson, the furthest I have gone back so far is to a Henry and Elizabeth Williams on my Grandfathers side and to an Issac Bellis 1855 who was married to Anne Kearns 1855, ( her father was a James Kearns 1799), on my Grandmothers side. Henry and Elizabeth Williams had a daughter Jessica Williams, my Grandfather Ronald Johnson's Mother. As of yet i have not been able to trace his Father. My Grandfather Ronald 1923, married Mary Bellis. This is another side of the family I have had some trouble tracing but this is what I have so far. My Great Great Grandfather was Issac Bellis 1855. He had two brothers named Jacob and Edward Bellis, and three sisters, Mary, Anne and Teresa. Their father was Jacob Bellis 1821 and he was married to an Elizabeth Lawie 1816, who are my Great, Great, Great Grandparents. Issac had a son, Steven Bellis 1886 who is my Great Grandfather.

Steven Bellis married a Catherine Ormsby 1886, and they had four daughters, Catherine, Margaret, Anne and Mary. Mary is my Grandmother, who married Ronald Johnson. Steven and Catherine Bellis also had two sons, John and Thomas. Mary Bellis and Ronald Johnson had five daughters, Lynda, Anne Marie my Mother, Valerie, Carole and Debbie. From here on in, the Family tree gets quite complicated with my children and all my sisters and cousins and their children, but I am mainly interested here in tracing retro-actively in the genealogy, so this is the closest I have come to tracing the family heritage. I will post more as I research further.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a Jim James Slade who lived in Houston Tx in 1950 who was married with a new born daughter as a time and was either a security guard or patrol man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I have a Jacob bellis born 1821 in liverpool in my line. He has a brother isaac born 1842 their father was william bellis and mother Mary. William was born 1789 in liverpool but I cant find his parents.

    ReplyDelete